I have not been good about journaling. It has been a long time (19 days) since the last time I wrote anything. I have stuck with using Calorie King to journal my food intake, although there have been a few days I have not journaled everything I ate. I have been following the C25K plan and finished W4D1 today. I was really doubtful I could finish the 5 min running period but I did. I have to say it gives me a real sense of of accomplishment to have done that. I have also been weight lifting following the ChaLean Extreme program. I did two out of the three days last week due to having a slight injury problem last Monday. As of yesterday morning I weigh 222.2 lbs. So for the month I have lost 8.6 lbs. Next Sunday I will do my measurements and determine my body fat percentage.
So let's talk about the goals that I set up at the beginning of the month.
**1. Lose 5 lbs..... this is doable** I achieved this. In fact I lost 8.6 lbs this month. I would be ecstatic if I could keep that up, but I think sticking with 5 lbs a month is better.
**2. Exercise at least once day (walking)** I haven't done this every day, but I have done it 6 days a week, with the exception of last week, but that was because of back pain.
**3. Drink 8 8oz glasses of water a day** I have been pretty close to target with this one also. I have cut down on the soda alot. In fact I don't think I had a one soda yesterday. Yay me!!!!
**4. Get through 3 chapters of C++ Programming** Ack, I failed at this one. Need to work harder on hitting those programming books and put my nose to the grindstone.
**5. Keep a food journal daily** Again, I was close to hitting this one but I didn't do every day and on some days I didn't get every meal. I can only be so perfect *smirk* But I will continue to strive to do this better.
**6. Last but not least, try to blog at least once a week** Ack, another failure. Nineteen days and no post equals to two weeks (almost three) that I didn't post. I can't keep myself accountable and have something to look back at, if I don't journal and blog. The time that I spend doing this is me time (although I would rather be sitting in a hot bathtub soaking) so I must work a little harder to remind myself that I need to do this. The problem seems to be finding the right time to do it. I find in the evenings after everyone has gone to bed, I pretty tired myself and would like to hit the hay. Mornings are busy with breakfast, getting the youngest spawn (Brennen) off to school and then getting in my workout.
My goals for this next month are the same with the addition of following C25K and ChaLean Extreme to the best of my abilities. Meaning...... if I get injured or just too worn out, I'ma going to take a rest day despite the schedule. Oh, and I want to add some flexability training (either doing 20 mins of basic stretching or yoga) three times a week. I think part of my recent pain that I have been experiencing might be from lack of stretching.
I think for now this is enough, I WILL post again tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment