Sunday, August 1, 2010

Where to start, my life is a mess!!

So a couple of days ago, I was starting this new knitting project and I made a huge mistake. While rolling the yarn from the skein to a ball, I had dropped the skein. This created an extremely knotted mess. It took me three days to get the knots out and get the skein into a cake. It was a long, tedious process and I could not help but think, "if only sorting out my life would be this easy."

Now I was completely frustrated trying to untangle the mess of yarn. There was more than one point of time when I just wanted to get the scissors and cut it up. But I did manage to get it straightened out and I guess if I have patience to do that, maybe I can start sorting out my life, one mess at a time.

First on the Agenda:
Losing weight.

I have been overweight for most of my life. I have been 200+ for at least 15 years of my life. I have medical issues because of my weight. I have Type 2 Diabetes. I was diagnosed when I was 30. My ability to cope, deal and manage this has not been all the great. For the most part I am tired of being overweight and having all this flab on my body. The only person that can do anything about this is myself. So back on the treadmill I go, I am just going to start with walking, and eventually move into running. I once completed the C25k, so I know that process does work. I just got lost without a program to follow once I finished it. In regards to diet, I am going to utilize Calorie King. I have had some success with Weight Watchers, but Calorie King gives me a better approach to my nutrition. I need to analyze my sugar, carb and protein intake. Journaling my food intake and measuring food sounds like alot of work, but I know that not journaling does not work for me.

Second on the Agenda:
Education

At one point in my life I was going to college studying for a BS in Computer Science. I had a total crash while going to school. If you knew the circumstances of what I was doing at the time you would not be surprised. I was manic at the time, tried taking on too much and trying to keep up with my fellow classmates who didn't have the same responsibilities that I had. Anyways back to the subject of education. As of today I have my Acer netbook loaded with Ubuntu OS and am going to reacquaint myself with C++. I am also looking into to learning some PHP and SQL programming.


There are other things I would like to add to the agenda, but for right now I think I will concentrate on those two. Right now that seems like alot and I am getting overwhelmed just thinking about it.

My goals for this month:
1. Lose 5 lbs..... this is doable
2. Exercise at least once day (walking)
3. Drink 8 8oz glasses of water a day
4. Get through 3 chapters of C++ Programming
5. Keep a food journal daily
6. Last but not least, try to blog at least once a week. This blog is my attempt to keep myself accountable. I weighed myself and took measurements. I weighed 230.8 today. Let's see if I can post a smaller number in a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment