Thursday, August 5, 2010

And in other news.....

I have been doing pretty good with the diet and exercise this week. I have made it to the treadmill everyday and I am still breathing, so obviously exercise is not going to kill me. Now I just need to get the weight lifting in. I also have been really good about tracking my caloric intake on Calorie King and I am surprised at how low my caloric intake can be somedays. Of course today I hit the target and maybe a little extra. I am hoping since I was a bit low on Tues and Wed. that I might just get away with the small indulgence. I hope my mother takes those cookies and muffins with her tomorrow or I might be doomed.

My new favorite low cal and low carb treat is sliced cucumbers with hummus. I bought a package of Persian Cucumbers from Trader Joe's (it had 5 of them and they are about 3 inches long and maybe 1 inch diameter) and have finished them all off. I have also been very conscience about upping my vege intake which really accounts for my low caloric total for the past couple of days.

Now in regards to the title of this post, I am trying to find a car and it has not been going well . I managed to save some money from my temp job working for the census. I have been searching Craigslist and Auto Trader. I think I need to get a bit more realistic and realize that I am going to have to settle for a car with high miles on it. My buying power is just not that great. I was really hoping (more like fantasizing) that I could get a used Prius, but I just don't see that happening.

On the self teaching phase, well let's just say I need to put more effort into it. I did manage to get Apache2, Mysql and PHP installed on the netbook today. Now to start reading tutorials and practice writing code. Tonight's mission will be to finish Chapter 1 of the C++ book. It is all introductory stuff, so this is doable. As long as I manage to not fall asleep while reading the book. Not that I have done that before. *whistles innocently*

I have also been working on a bat shawl for a friend of mine. In my first post I mentioned untangling some yarn and it was for this project.. The yarn that I am using is comprised of 2% Silver (I just love stuff that has shiny bits in it, with the exception of certain notorious Vampires), 20 % silk, 63% Superwash and 15% Nylon and I purchased it from Twist, when I was planning on using Dream In Color Starry but I could not find the colorway that I wanted. The yarn that I am using is not as soft as DIC, but I think that it is better for this pattern because it will hold the shape of the design better. I will try to post a picture of it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment