New exercise for today: 20 mins a day spent writing in my journal. I really have dropped the bomb on this. Which I remarked about in my last posting. Not that anything is really changing, well I have been sticking to my ever constant struggle of losing weight. I am out of the 220's. Which should give me cause for joy and want to do my nerdy geek dance, but alas, no. I am in some sort of rut or depression (wow, what a big surprise). I am also very physically tired. This started about two to three weeks ago. I put it off to maybe I was overtraining. So I took a week off from exercise and just stuck to watching my food intake. Now that was a successful week, I lost 5 lbs (which is way too much to lose in one week, which is why I pretty much maintained this week). Last week I got back to walking and running, but not the weightlifting.
In the past weeks/months, I have just been working on my diet and exercising, but sometimes I feel I am obsessing over this. I need to be able to work on more than one thing at a time. Maybe not twenty things, but at least more than just concentrating on my diet. I don't want my life and thoughts to be revolving around food and what I eat and when I eat it. Food needs to be a natural process and focusing solely on it is not natural. I came across these neat planners that you can use for planning your week and your day, I plan on ordering them and trying to find a support group for accountability for working on and meeting my goals. It is way too easy to sweep this all under a rug and forget about what I am suppose to be working on.
I am still doing my running, I finished week 5 day 3 of the C25K program and tomorrow am heading straight on to Week6 Day 1. I am pretty ecstatic about finishing the 20 min run today. It was not as bad as I remembered it being. It wasn't terribly boring or draining. I was not dying for air nor was my body tired, in fact I was able to do another 35 minutes of walking. I do hope I can continue with the running, not just to finish the program but also so I can work towards a healthy body and be more fit.
Well I rambled on for more than 20 mins today. I will continue to work on doing this on a more regular basis. Hopefully I will have something to post tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment